Monday, March 14, 2011

Look who's 3 months old already!!

I'm not sure where I should start...

Life has felt very busy since I've returned to work. I have found that days have gone by since I last checked my email or checked out my favorite blogs. I have narrowed my favorite TV shows down from 10 to 3 and still have a hard time finding the time to keep up with those unless I watch about 20 minutes worth during the night when I get up to feed Madeleine. Before I returned to work I had time to check my email and favorite blogs .. oh, about 5 times a day!

In a nutshell, I'm enjoying being back at work but do hit a wall around 2-3 in the afternoon. I missed my staff, branch and adult conversations. I could do without all of the crazy customers that I have at my branch but that comes with the territory. (My branch is located in the ghetto). I'm struggling with trying to catch up on all of the changes the company has made since I left such as a $10 fee for a checking account and also how SLOW my branch is now. I worked last Saturday and ended up helping 1 customer! There are times throughout the day that we will have a 45 minute stretch of no customers in the branch at all. In all of my 13 years working at a retail branch, I have never worked at a branch that is that slow.

Madeleine is amazing Nick and I everyday. She's starting to try to rollover or at least is making all the way over to her side. She still hates tummy time and knows what she wants, likes or doesn't like! We've learned her cries which helps sometimes when it could be a couple of different things bothering her.
We paid a visit to Dr. Call last week because Madeleine has been crying a lot after she eats (while I've been at work). We thought we might have to switch to formula or take my diet down to the B.R.A.T. diet so that we could figure out what was bothering her. Turns out just a simple switch to a different bottle did the trick! We went from Medela bottles to Dr. Brown's. The difference with Madeleine has been amazing. We're happy that she's happy!

She's sleeping from 8:15pm until about 1:30-2am, nurses for 10 minutes and is back asleep within a few minutes and then wakes up again around 4-4:30am for another feeding. Nick and I wake her up at 6:30 to start her day and are out of the house by 7am. I'm home with her every Wednesday and she was up this morning at 7am. I've accepted that I will no longer be able to sleep in for years to come!




I like to think that she really enjoys these photo shoots with me.

This is what she does when Grandpa Mike asks Madeleine what a lizard says.




Passed out! This was after the big Husky game last weekend.




Always putting something in her mouth these days. She loves that toy dog so much, we bought her a blue elephant. Both of the "crinkle" which she's really into right now.






I swear that Chester was born in a box which would explain why he's obsessed with them.





Oh look, another box.
Oh... Chester!


If you're wondering where Gizmo is and why I don't take as many pictures of him.. it's because he's always sleeping!!

2 comments:

  1. The Banking world, well, back to the early days, 80's on back... where you had to pay a fee for everything!
    Glad you are doing so well with the juggling act... working mom. You are great!! And Madeleine is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I bet it's tough being at work when it's soooo slooooowwwww. I bet you're thinking how you could be taking a nap!

    ReplyDelete