Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's just a small collection...

Chester says hello too.

Hi there! It's been a busy few weeks for Nick and I .. it's not going to slow down for the next month with the holidays. My good friend Lesley (who was one of my 2 bridesmaids in our wedding) just got married last weekend and I was in her wedding! Other than my own, I've never been in a wedding before. It was very fun and interesting.. not being part of all the major and small planning around it but being a part of all the get togethers was very fun. Her colors were black and a dark red. Everything was very beautiful. Congrats Lesley and Tim!


Work has turned a corner for me! I have a new assistant manager that started on Tuesday and I'm very excited about it. She hasn't worked for the last 5 years, with 2 little ones at home, but was an assistant manger for WaMu for 4 years down in Las Vegas. For the time being.. my branch feels complete. I've also hired a 3rd banker and am very excited about him joining our team. He won't be in the branch for the next few months.. he has to become liecened in the seires 6 and 63 first. Even though my new assistant is new to Chase, I already know she's going to be a great add to my branch!!


Nick and I are going to Puerto Vallarta in just 2 weeks. O.M.G. That soon?!? We've pretty much had this trip planned since our wedding. It's a gift from our friends - Shannon and Ryan. We're going to be down there for a full week and staying in a timeshare of theirs. We're very happy to be leaving this nasty weather and going down there to enjoy some r & r on the beach. Well.. that and some drinking.. =)


Thanksgiving is coming up and for the very first time, Nick and I are hosting Thanksgiving dinner over at our house. We're going to start off small... We're having my parents and Nick's parents over to join us. So, 6 people... not bad, right? At least it's not 20 or something like that. Our turkey is 19.5 pounds, and we're breaking out the china that we got from our wedding and I am SO excited about it. That's one of the many memories I have from growing up and Thanksgiving. Mom would always use Grams' china. We're looking forward to a great day, good company and some wonderful food.


And, on top of all of that... Nick just turned 30!! Happy Birthday Nick. Here's to your 30's. =)

What's one more day... in banana days?






So... a few years ago it all started with a car named Lighting McQueen and a movie "CARS". Thanks to that awesome movie, Nick now has a GROWING collection of dye-cast cars. They are cute and at times I have joined Nick on the "hunt" for the newly released cars. What can I say? It can become very addictive... as you can see for yourself...


Above are the originals from the movie.

DJ, Snot Rod, Wingo and Boost.


I didn't even need Nick's help naming them. ;-)






I know what you are thinking... aren't the red cars all the same? All Lighting McQueen?

Yes. Yes they are.. BUT everyone of them is different from the others.


The dark one in the middle is called "cruisin' McQeen".


I needed Nick's help on that one.


Hasbro is the maker of these cars and I do have to say they do come out with some really cool sets. See Mater (fire truck) and Mia and Tia as Dalmations?



The collection just keeps growing and growing..





There is not a duplicate car on this table.



1 comment:

  1. Is that you Thanksgiving center piece? Hahaha Cool collection!

    ReplyDelete