Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby Bumblebee

Madeleline started to smile back yesterday! It melted my heart.
She seems to really like the changing table and that's where she smiled up at me. I called Nick into her room and he confirmed it was indeed a smile.
She will be 7 weeks old this coming Tuesday and she's growing everyday.
We've had some rough days this last week and we've also had some really good days. Some days she will want to nurse every two hours and some nights she has stretched her sleeping out to as much as 4.5 hours! I do have to say that the sleeping has gotten better during the nights which makes me happy!
I've had to cut out chocolate... I guess that's one major contributor to baby fussiness/gassiness. It's been really difficult considering i've enjoyed having Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches as a treat; the positive aspect of cutting out chocolate is that it will likely help to assist with my ongoing weight loss, which is currently 36 pounds!!! Whoop Whoop!
We had our first bath WITHOUT crying this week!

Chelsea keeping Maddy asleep during our "game night" in Kingston with friends last weekend.


Neli getting some quality time with Madeleine.


Devry and Kelly offering Maddy another drink; the girls were incredibly insightful and recommended that we try Mylicon drops to help with the gas pains that Maddy has been having.



Turns out that after we talked about it, Madeleine wasn't nearly as excited as we were about going to Washington D.C. to visit Aunt Kim and Uncle Mitch... ;-) (just checking to see if they read the blog) :-P



Madeleine sporting dad's vintage 1979 Seattle Supersonics World Champions Tee! (we had to explain to her that the team was stolen and she was a little upset about that conversation)



The onesie says it all... We've only been able to use this onesie sparingly as she's not ALWAYS the best for mom and dad... ;-)



Grandma Veronics visited this weeek; we really enjoyed the quality time with her!



Look how much i've grown! I have an incredibly long torso, and short little legs... just like dad!

2 comments:

  1. ' I'm taking home a Baby Bumble Bee. Won't my Mommy be so proud of me....'! Love the commintaries about the pictures. She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hey! Don't forget about visiting Aunt Ashley in Washington DC! I'll be moving there next month :) Maybe she'll be a little more happy about going.

    ReplyDelete