Monday, June 22, 2009

She looked at him. He looked at her.

So I was in Safeway a couple of weeks ago and was looking for a birthday card when I came across a card that said this:
She looked at him.
He looked at her.
And everyone who saw that look
wanted to throw up a little.
Below are some pictures that I thought you would enjoy. It's been a little over 2 months since Nick and I have been living in Lynnwood and .. yes.. it still feels like we are on our honeymoon. I wanted to post what that card said because I think it's funny that when I am talking about Nick and I at my salon gettin my hair did or with friends, I always get a little bit of grief for being "so in love" but it's true!! It's the little things in life that I enjoy everyday being with Nick. Something as small as replacing the toilet paper roll can go such a long way.
Nick and I enjoy spending every minute that we get together.. okay most of them ;-) and I know it sounds silly.. but it's true. When you see us together and see us look at eachother.. you can see it.
And everyone who saw that look
wanted to throw up a little.
Pluto Night at nbbj. These adorable pictures are from October 27th, 2006. Before this night, Nick and I were "just hanging out as friends". I was so excited when he had asked me to join him for a work party. I remember being really nervous about it and Renee (my sister-in-law) giving me a ride downtown because Nick and I were going to take a cab home afterwards.
That night when Nick was making copies of these pictures for me I asked him "When are we going to be more than just hanging out?". His reply was "Shelly, we ARE more than just hanging out". And the rest is history...
I also have to say that I did end up losing my cell phone in the cab that night, bought a new phone on Sunday with Nick along my side with no contacts because Julia had convinced him to throw the one contact that he had left away. We had a Halloween party at our house on Saturday night and Nick had lost a contact on his way back from 7-11. One guess why he went there D-runk and wearing a hippo with a tu-tu costume? Anyone?
Ha-Ha. Good times!!!

Ahhh.. Lake Ozette. The Jones boys go on a hike every year to Lake Ozette. It's a very big deal and all of the boys have a blast! Well, the first year we were together I convinced the guys that it should be a boy/girl hike instead of just boys. Needless to say, I got to join in on the fun. It's a Friday - Sunday trip and worth every ache and pain in the end.
You can see from the picture how big my smile was. Well, this was before I went on the 3.2 mile hike. I was trying to be tough and carried a backpack that might have been a little too heavy for me. It must have been the teddy bear that I brought. ;-)
No, but really... camping is one of the many things that Nick and I both really enjoy spending our extra time doing together. Backpacking, trailer or tent.. we're in!

I love N.Y.C.!! This was Oct. 2007, a little over a month after Nick asked me to marry him. He had traveled to NY for work and I was lucky enough to be able to join him for 3 very fun filled days with my friend Julia. Nick worked most of the time Julia and I were there but we were able to squeeze in beer and pizza one of the nights together which was awesome. During the time that we were there was also Nick and my 1 year... ahhh.. cute, huh? Julia and I did just about everything we could do in those 3 days. Very little sleep won't stop a couple of girls that had never been to NYC before. We made it to the Empire State Building but it was too foggy to go up to the top. We took a few subway rides on our own and that was pretty scary! Central park was beautiful. Would I go back there? In a heartbeat.


Go DAWGS!!! This was at the Apple Cup 2007. I had never been to a husky game before and boy, did I have the time of my life. Nick's brother Mitch and wife, Kim were in town to celebrate Thanksgiving with the family (a bit early) and the boys wanted to go to the Apple Cup. It turned out to be a ton of fun. Nick's parents and some other close family friends all joined us - 16 in all. We had a tailgate bbq and some beer before we enjoyed the game. We ended up losing to the Cougs during the last 5 seconds of the game. UGH!! Again, I had such an amazing time at this game, I'm already asking Nick if we can go to this years game!



Beautiful Alaska! This was Nov. of 2008 - Yes, we were very busy there for a while. Nick has a very good friend that lives up in Anchorage with his wife and 8 yr. old daughter. Nick and I were up there for a week and enjoyed every minute. We went riding on Roddy's quads which is something I will never forget. We got very MUDDY!
We're looking forward to going back up there one day during the spring/summer time when the sun is out all day long.


Camping with my sister Niki and her family is something that Nick and I have done every July. We are down in CA for a week and for the last 2 years have gone to the Sanoma Mountains. We have great time with her kids - Josh and Carley and her husband - Walt. Camping this year is going to be in Oregon with her family and our parents! In just a few weeks. Can't wait!!

JUST KIDDING!! So after I posted this blog, Nick pointed out to me that I was incorrect about this picture. This picture is from the back of a boat when we were on our HONEYMOON!! Trip of a lifetime. One we both will never forget. I think this was the boat trip that I decided to drink a ton of the rum punch and didn't make it to dinner that night. I also didn't drink for DAYS after this boat ride. ha-ha!!


Brotherly love right there! Chester and Gizmo are getting along great! Yes, Chester is still playing really rough with him and rabbit kicks him like he's just a toy filled with catnip.. but we've caught Chester cleaning or licking Gizmo quite a bit too. They are now starting to sleep on the same bed together. It's cute to see them getting along.

See?!?! They do sleep close together some of the time. That's really how Gizmo sleeps sometimes! It's so cute how kittens will just sleep anywhere and in any position, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, memory lane, I love it!!!
    Can't wait for our camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys have fun camping. I know mom is looking forward to it. Niki invited us down, and we are hoping to visit her in late july or early august. Then she is planning to come up for my wedding in october.

    ReplyDelete