Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A day in the life of our cats....

Alright, so I know this is going to seem a bit silly, but there was not a lot going on this last week to blog about other than our funny and interesting cats!
The BIG Chase conversion was over Memorial Day weekend and needless to say, work has been very busy and even a bit rough. I've compared it to when Chase took over WaMu back in September. My days have been long and I'm still not back to work full-time, and am seeing a physical therapist a couple of times a week. The way I like to look at it is .. I'm taking 3 steps forward and 1 step back each week. A little progress each week!
Nick went riding on his quad with Ryan and Jim (Shannon's dad) on Sunday. They drove 2 1/2 hours over to Manastash, a new place that Ryan had heard about. They were into the ride about 3.9 miles to be exact when Ryan ripped the valve stem out of one of his tires. The riding ended there and they headed back to Seattle. Maybe that was a good thing since the weather was in the 90's over there and Nick had already rolled his quad.
So when Nick was gone on Sunday I had all day to hang out at home, baking and hanging out with the cats. This is Gizmo with a polo shirt on that we had bought Chester about a year ago. When we put it on Chester it was WAY too small for him. This time when I put it on Gizmo it's WAY too big for him. haha! He had it on for about a minute before he was done with it. He slid right out of it. I keep forgetting how small he really is.

This is Gizmo coming towards me after the whole shirt incident. He doesn't look real happy, huh?






Lunch time!! I made myself a tuna melt and you know Chester.. he comes running as soon as he hears a can open, regardless of what it is. Tuna is a real treat for him. Today was Gizmo's first tuna experience. He loved it!! Shocked, I know. ;-) It was funny to watch.. when Chester was all done with his, Gizmo went over to his cup and licked up all the chunks that Chester couldn't get to.. being as small as he is... he didn't have any problems.



For some reason, I never realized that cats always clean themselves after eating tuna. Chester has always done it but it didn't dawn on me until both cats were doing the same thing after enjoying some tuna. Interesting, huh?



I think it's interesting. Do you think it's instinct?




It's so fun to mess with Gizmo when he is asleep. He's in such a deep slumber that we can pretty much do anything with him and he just keeps on sleeping. This is one of his favorite positions to sleep. Well, that and upside down on the back of the couch.




Chester is still playing pretty rough with Gizmo but it's really fun to watch them play for hours. This is pretty much how Chester has been everynight since we got Gizmo. He's beat!!
Well.. that's our cats day in a nutshell for you. This weekend Nick and I are going to be up at LCP enjoying this amazing weather we've been having and the company of our friends! I promise next weeks' blog will be a little more interesting. haha.

3 comments:

  1. Do they clean themselves after eating wet food too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cats are so cute! Not as cute as my big old dogs though. Hahahah. How about a picture of the outside of your home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cats are just clean animals...almost compulsive about it. If they had a mental illness it would be OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

    ReplyDelete