Monday, June 15, 2009

It's that time of the year again.

It's LCP time, YO. Nick and I have been spending most of our weekends up at Lake Connor Park (as you might already know by our previous blog posts). The pictures below were taken during the last weekend in May. I was lucky enough to have that Saturday off and was able to stay up there all weekend long. It's amazing what an extra day of camping can do for a person. Going up to LCP is like therapy. Quality time with good friends, the kids get to be kids and run around all day long and it's just great to be able to relax and read a book while sitting in the sun.
By the end of the summer, you might get a little tired of hearing about our adventures at LCP, but I just can't help but share the fun stories and pictures from up there.



Amelia. She's growing up so fast. She'll be 2 in Oct. but she's talking up a storm and is all about doing everything herself now. She doesn't want her mom to feed her anything anymore because she can do it. Hand her the food and she'll put it in her mouth. Don't try to feed her or she'll throw a little bit of a fit. I took this picture when Shannon was able to feed Amelia some yogurt (she didn't have the choice with how messy it could have been!) I love this picture because it's a classic smile.


It's the cheesiest of all Mac and Cheeses. Hands down one of the true classics of camping. Hot dogs and mac and cheese. Kraft mac and cheese, that is. I'm not sure if you can see it or not but Joey has a "faux-hawk". Faux-hawk: Not a true mohawk because he still has his hair on the sides. Ryan had gotten his hair cut by our friend Keri up there early Sat. morning and Joey had said that he wanted a mohawk. Instead of shaving off part of his hair, Keri convinced him that a faux-hawk was WAY cooler. Thanks Keri!


It's not summer time until the oysters have been put on the grill.
Keith, Ryan and Nick went on a roadtrip Saturday morning out to Arlington and picked us up 6 dozen.. oh yes, 6 dozen oysters. The boys really know how to cook em'. What's an oyster cookout without the beer? Good question. That's why the boys stopped at Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville and picked up a keg of Slim Chance. Ahhh.. cold beer and oysters on the half shell. That's what I call perfection.





Get ready for this story.
We're all sitting around the campfire when Joey walked up to Jeremy (his uncle) and said "Uncle Jeremy... I peed on your tent. I got too close to it. I'm sorry." HAHAHA!! I jumped up and had to take a picture of it. Too funny. It really wasn't that bad, thank goodness but it was really funny. Ohhhh Joey!



Bring wax and we will use it. Keri (Barb and Tim's daughter) is a cosmetoligist and brought her wax up to LCP for the night. She said that people get their nose hairs waxed on a regular basis and it really works. I wasn't about to do it, but ended up getting it done. EEK! We saw some long-ass hairs come out of some noses. It was funny and didn't really hurt at all. I suggest you try it sometime.
This is Ryan getting his nose waxed. I don't think he really wanted me to take his picture but I really couldn't resist. Love ya Ryan!




Cute, huh?
I ended up having to take this picture with the flash because it was getting dark outside. On the left is Ameila and on the right is Tayja. The butterfly is part of a 3 pack that Monika has. They light up at night, change colors and run off of solar power. Monika has balls as well and they are so cool looking.





I just thought this picture was cool.
Notice the Husky and the Coug colors. That's Jeremy in the background. He's usally either got Husky or Vikings gear on.
Go Huskies!!!





Keith and Belle.
Keith and his 3 kids (Tristen, Gavin and Belle) stayed with us for the weekend. Both Keith and his kids had a blast!






The awesome fire pit that Ryan built. SO much heat comes from it!!
Looks nice too. ;-)








Dignified. Regal. Stunning.
The King of the House.
I took this picture of him when I was outside watering our flowers. Notice the nose/snot marks on the window??

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a post FINALLY.

    Monica has balls? Interesting.

    I'm totally jealous that you have permanent camping every weekend. I would love to sit and read a book.

    Ah Chester. I like that picture with the reflection. We have dog nose marks all over our windows too. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a cute pic of Chester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What memories your making with camping and your friends!!! Nothing better than that!

    ReplyDelete