Monday, July 13, 2009

The summer fun continues!

Nick and I are currently on our way to Oregon to meet up with my parents and Niki's family for a week of camping! We'll be there later today and coming back home on Friday. We're camping at a place called Paulina Lake which is near Bend and a volcanic monument. This is the first time that my parents have been camping in about 15 years! Since they are riding the Harley down there, Nick and I are bringing most of their stuff and it was funny to see what they packed. Do we really need 60 granola bars Mom?!?! They will be sleeping on our Aero bed (which is amazing for an air mattress) so we'll see how they sleep.
On this trip Nick and I are bringing our 5th wheel!! It's our first time taking it out of LCP and on a trip. I'm pretty excited about having it there with us even though my sister Niki is giving a lot of shit for taking it. She's just jealous. ;-) It's funny, Niki is determined to keep the camping "real" so she brought her percolator for coffee even though we have a coffee pot in the trailer. She says that she prefers the percolator when camping. I'm sure after a day or two she'll stop giving us shit and be happy with what we brought it.
We'll keep you posted on how the trip goes! Next weeks blog will be fun. We'll have tons of pictures to share with you along with some funny stories, I'm sure. Let's hope this time there are no bear stories!!

Here's a picture of Keri (Barb and Tim's daughter) and Shannon. This was taken on Memorial Day weekend after we all got waxed. The whole nose hairs being waxed wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Soaking up the sun and enjoying the time by the river. Moni and Julia. It was really nice to have Julia up visiting for the weekend. This was the weekend that we discovered that we have river access. Whoo Hoo... I would much rather go to the river than swim in the pools at LCP. So many kids.. kinda freaks me out about all the pee.. but that's just me. Nobody else seems to mind the pools. LCP is very good about keeping them clean and sanitary.





There's the look that I was talking about a few posts ago. Did you just throw up a little in your mouth? haha!






Isn't it funny how you can give a kid just about anything and they'll make a mess out of it. Okay, so the plum Amelia is eating was bound to be messy no matter what.. but boy, did she get it all over her!



Monkey see, Monkey do. Joey was enjoying a plum as well and wow! He really had the plum juice from ear to ear, no joke. Shannon had asked Joey to wash his hands and face after he finished the plum. He came back to the table with clean hands and managed to have about 70% of his face wiped off. He just missed a bunch near his ears. Oh Joey!!




Eat your heart out Julia Childs!! Oh yeah.. that's right. This is a fantastic mousse that I made last week while I was on vacation. I made it from scatch and was the first time I have ever made it. I never knew there were raw eggs in mousse. Interesting. I also made peanut butter blossoms and used melt-away center Hershey kisses! They turned out great and Nick got to take all 4 dozen to work with him to share! It was nice having the week off to hang out around home. I ended up baking a ton and we had the Hudson's and Nick's parents over for dinner on different nights. It was really nice to have company over, being that it was the first time that we've had anyone over for dinner since we moved in.







One of my favorite pictures of Gizmo. I know I have already posted a picture like this.. but I wanted to share it with you again. Isn't it funny what you can do with kittens and not cats. Chester would let me put a shirt on him but would kick my ass for doing it. Gizmo could really care less about being dressed up. haha!
The chair that Gizmo is on is usally Chester's place to sleep during the day and night. Last night while Nick and I were watching some TV, Chester was sleeping on "his" chair and Gizmo jumped up there to sleep next to him. Chester ended up giving Gizmo a litte bath. It was really cute and nice to see them getting along.







Normally I am not a fan of the cats being on the counter (Gizmo can't get up on the kitchen counters yet, thank goodness) but this night I could NOT keep him off. Yes.. those are JUMBO prawns. I was peeling and deveining them in the kitchen sink and Chester was FREAKING out. He would not stop meowing and had jumped up on the counter about 20 times by the time I was done. He didn't want to eat them, he just wanted to lay next to them. Strange, right? So I had to take a picture and share it with you. We did end up giving him a few bites after they were cooked for being so good.
Dinner turned out fabulous! We had fresh tortellini with garlic, olive oil and prawns along with a nice salad. Doesn't that make you hungry, Ryan? ;-)







The bandana. With it being so warm lately, we've taken it off of him for now. Chester is sitting on my dresser which is about 5 feet tall or so. Wether I am in the kitchen or the bedroom, Chester like to be in the highest spot possible. When I'm in the kitchen Chester enjoys sitting on top of the fridge. Silly cat!


1 comment:

  1. Good thing I brought my perculator since we were always up hours before you and Nick and at least an hour before we could turn on a generator to get your coffee pot brewing in that single wide of yours. =P Glad you brought it though. It was a great escape from those mosquitoes!! Aaah, the great outdoors... with perculated coffee.

    ReplyDelete