Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pop goes the belly!

Here's the scoop on the doctor's visit last week:
Everything is going great!
Dr. Call measured my belly and all is well there.
We listened to her hearbeat and it was strong.
We took a look at her with the ultrasound (she was sleeping) and the machine was out of paper. So Dr. Call promised that we would get 2 pictures during our next visit.
I've gained 9.5 pounds so far though the whole pregnancy and feel great about it!
She's growing fast and everything is on track.
Our next visit is October 1st and I'm really looking forward to the glucose test... No I'm not! At least the appointment is at 8:30 in the morning.
We've decided on another nickname to call her and it's "Cupcake". I've never been this obsessed with cupcakes in my life. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about enjoying one. Yeah, I'm sure everyone enjoys a cupcake every once in a while but not everyday! It's not an ice cream craving for me.. it's all about cupcakes!! I don't eat them everyday but trust me .. I would like to.




These pictures were taken at 24 weeks. I'm now at 25 weeks and feeling awesome. Well, most of the time.
This is what has happened with our little cupcake during the last couple of weeks:
Her inner ears are fully developed and she has a good sense of being upside-down and right side up. She now has a better than 50/50 chance of survival if she had to be delivered now. (That was during week 24).
Her tiny little hands are also fully developed including little tiny fingernails. She can now make tiny little fists and is exploring her surroundings. (Week 25).
She is now at least 15 inches long and weighs at least 1.5 pounds!!


Reality check.. We're now at 25 weeks and starting our 7th month! I guess that would explain why I needed to buy a couple of boxes of diapers last week and yes.. It's official..
We have registered!! The funny part is that Nick and I went to Babies R Us a few weeks ago with a list in hand of the stuff that we already have and walked through the store discussing items that we think we might need and the brands. With so many different choices, 3.5 hours later we left the store and had not registered!
This week we went to Babies R Us and an hour later we had registered!
We can now check that off our list of things to do prior to our little cupcake being born!
I've been sleeping okay for the most part. It's getting harder to roll over and switch positions.
I woke up earlier this week around 3:30 in the morning and was starving!!
I'm not able to eat large meals anymore. I have to eat smaller portions and it's starting to feel like I am eating all the time!
My hips feel like they are moving or streching out. Walking around is not as easy as it use to be but I am still trying to walk around as much as possible.
You can now tell where she is at in my belly! Nick felt my belly yesterday and he said "Wow, she's not down here. She's not there but she's right there!".
It feels like she is growing SO fast and my belly has really POPPED during the last couple of weeks. Just this morning a good friend of ours (Monika) said to me that I was "All baby belly" this morning and commented on how much my belly has grown.


Here's Gizmo taking a nap on our changing table in the nursery.



Nick came home about a week ago and found our wonderful cats hanging out in the nursery. Chester is curled up on top of the toy chest and the extra changing pad that we have. Do you spy Gizmo? He's on changing table behing the abacus. Silly cats. I think they are trying to make a statement about the new little one that will be here soon!


On a final note.. Friends and family have been able to feel Jonesey moving and kicking!!! Nick felt her for the first time last Sunday and everyday since. The first person that was able to feel her move was my sister, Niki!







2 comments:

  1. Looking good mama! Sounds like everything is going well, hamdallah! I hope to see you soon (sometime next weekend maybe?) Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad everything is going great for you and you are stil glowing! Can't wait to feel Cupcake!

    ReplyDelete