Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Madeleine Ryan Jones

Here are some pictures from the last week. It's been an amazing experience and Nick and I are enjoying every moment with Madeleine. I will post the birth story some other time because it's a long one. The short version is that I was induced at 9:30 am on 12/7, everything went pretty fast and I started pushing at 7:25 pm. By 11:15 the decision was made for us to have a c-section. Maddy's head was not moving past +2. It's a very good thing that with the advice from the doctors, Nick and I decided to go with the c-section because Maddy's head was either too large, or my pelvic inlet was too small for her to pass through.

Madeleine, Nick and I have been home since Thursday evening and we are healthy, happy and doing well.

Birthday: 12/7
Time: 11:59 pm
Weight: 8 pounds, 13 ounces (when we left the hospital she was down to 8 lbs, 3 oz).
Length: 20 inches

Here's just a few pictures to hold you over until the next post. ;-) Oh.. and they are NOT in order.




Milkstache



Chest-time with daddy

Back in the hospital room with mom and dad




2nd family photo - back in the hospital room



1st time I was able to hold Maddy




1st family photo!!



1st time I was able to say hello to Maddy


Getting ready to go home


Carseat, check!



Ready to go home!!


After Maddy's 1st bath (at home)


1st picture

1st time parent giving her first bath... Eeek.
Everything turned out fine. I was SO nervous.



At home, chillaxin'



Lovin' it


2nd photo



2nd day at home



Since she was born, Maddy does this thing with her pinky toes.. she can stretch them out to the side. Looks funny. Her toes are SO long. We don't know where she got them from.. since Nick and I both have very short, stubby toes.




This was me.. ready for the day. The smile only lasted until about 1:30 when I started having "real" contractions.

Chester checkin' Maddy out. He's been great with her and won't leave the room she's in.
Gimzo could care less but Nick and I have noticed that he wants to cuddle a lot more while we are in bed.. maybe it's because we're hardly in bed now for more than an hour or two tops.

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I've been waiting and waiting for this post. I imagine you've been busy with other things. :) I'm so happy for you and Nick. Maddy is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hospital pictures! Her first and second pics are beautiful! And the twinkle in both your eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with mom. LOVE the hospital pics. Especially the her 1st and 2nd and the ones of you in the operating room. Makes me want to cry with joy. I love you guys! And congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and Nick! She is gorgeous! I hope you are adjusting to life as a new mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete