Friday, December 17, 2010

More pictures with a couple of side stories

Everything is going well with the Jones family.
Nick and I took Maddy in for a weight check on Thursday and she weighed 8 pounds 8 ounces. She weighed 8 pounds 3 ounces the prior Thursday.
Our next appointment is this coming Tuesday and she's going to get a couple of shots. I'm not looking forward to that appointment.
I weighed in this last Thursday as well. I'm down 20 pounds from when we first found out that I was pregnant and I still have some water weight. My feet and lower legs are still swollen.
Nick, Maddy and I are going to make a trip to my branch on Monday so that we can show Maddy off but also get my wedding ring out of our safe box! I haven't worn my ring for about 7 months and I'm SO excited to wear it again.



Maddy's socks say: Daddy's Princess


Grammy (my mom) came over and watched Maddy for an hour and half so that Nick and I could run some errands. I sent my mom a text about 5 minutes after leaving checking in on things. My mom just laughed at me and said she hadn't even moved! (Maddy slept the whole hour and a half).









Rockin' some baby uggs and the preemie pants that Nick and I had to get for Maddy since she doesn't fit into any of her 3 month clothes!





Sooo... Being new parents, Nick and I have learned that sometimes we need to try new things when the simple things like a diaper change or a feeding won't sooth her. Since we've brought Maddy home she hasn't slept well or at all in her crib. She'll last about 5-15 minutes in there, in a very good swaddle and is still super fussy. So after about 4 long nights, Nick thought it might be the crib and she might not feel "secure" enough (since she sleeps really well in a swing that is also in the shape of a car seat). So on night number 5, we tried putting her in her car seat (in her crib) to sleep and sleep she did!! We have been able to get 2 hours of sleep with her in that thing! We've been told that babies are always changing and we know this won't last long at all but are sure enjoying the 2 hours of sleep when we can!






Nick and Maddy after a long night. I came out to the living room to find this.
Melts my heart.





Nick, Maddy and I had a big day today. We walk around the mall for about an hour and a half! Because of the c-section, I need to get out and walk around and the mall seems like the best place to do it since it's so cold outside. We had a good time and Maddy slept through the whole thing.



Nick dressed Maddy for the occasion and he's color blind. Both he and his older brother, Tim are. His other brother, Mitch is not. It's from a gene that his mom carries. Maddy could have the gene from Nick and pass it on to her son(s).
Notice the gloves that she has on? Both colors matched the onesie that she had on so we just went with it. Nobody noticed at the mall. ;-)




1 comment:

  1. Madeleine is SO beautiful! I love the picture of her & Nick passed out, melts my heart too. I hope she is sleeping well. It was great to babysit her too, so anytime that I am availible, I will!!

    ReplyDelete