Monday, April 20, 2009

I tried something new!

So Nick and I got a KitchenAid mixer as a wedding gift and I've been able to use it since we moved into our new home. I love it! I can make something in minutes and it makes baking so easy. Almost too easy.

I can't really explain why, but I have been wanting to make biscotti. I've never made it before so I was a bit nervous, but it turned out great! Vanilla flavoring, with chopped up almonds and some orange zest. Needless to say, I am really looking forward to my morning coffee tomorrow.
So the grey blanket that Chester is laying on is usally in my car, but a friend needed to borrow it last week and I washed it today. Chester has been laying/sleeping on it since I put it there this afternoon. We're not sure what it is about a blanket on the dryer that he likes so much but it is the first time that we have had one on there. ooohhh... Chester!

2 comments:

  1. I'm envious about that mixer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you save me some Bisccotti! How about the receipe for it? Looks perfectly yummy.

    ReplyDelete