Monday, May 4, 2009

April showers bring May flowers!

When Nick and I got the Chevy truck I swore up and down that I would never drive it! Clifford (Julia came up with that name for the truck!) is a 19, maybe 20 feet long Chevy truck. A full cab and a full bed. It couldn't be any longer! It even makes me nervous when Nick is driving it. So last weekend, I broke down and drove it up to LCP. I was SO nervous, I was driving like an old lady and my hands were sweaty from the tight grip that I had on the wheel. We made it to LCP safe and sound and I've driven Clifford once more since then. haha!

Oh yes! Just call me Shelly Crocker. This is a bacon, cheese and broccoli quiche that I made a little over a week ago. It's the first one that I have ever made. Alright, so I cheated on the crust, it's store bought and super easy!
Yesterday I just whipped up another quiche. This time I made it with bacon and feta cheese. It turned out fantastic.

Sue, Nick's mom has always told me that they keep growing after they are cut. Yeah, okay... but really!?!? These are the tulips that Nick brought home for me last week. When I put them in the vase, they were all the same size. Look at them grow!! They've grown another 5 inches or more during the last week.
Thanks to Chester, we have to keep them in the bathroom during the day along with the doors shut or else the vase, the water and the tulips will be all over the floor when we come home from work.
It's all in the way you hunt.
This is Chester's food bowl. Day after day he is stocking it with the fake mice that he has all over the house. Almost every day, I take them out and put them back in his toy basket and no joke, he has them in his food bowl by the morning time! Kinda strange and funny at the same time.
POOFY CAT!!!
So each morning when I am walking around the house with my slipppers on, Chester will come around the corner (the bathroom is right behind him and Nick is usally getting ready for work) and arch his back, POOF up his tail and side-step all the way over to me and then "attack" my legs with his front paws. It aways makes me laugh. He does this quite a few times in the morning and a few more times later in the day! Oh, Chester!

4 comments:

  1. chester is such a funny cat! I love his bowl of his prey. and your quich looks so yummy! your becoming quite the cook, Shelly Crocker! hahahhhahaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. How do we get that quiche recipe???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember mom's shepard pie? Have you tried to make that? I make it for Matt and he loves it!

    ReplyDelete