Sunday, June 6, 2010

12 weeks and counting!

I've been reading 3 books since I've been pregnant, and am going to share information about what the baby is doing and how much and fast he/she is growing from one of them on a weekly basis. Here are links to the books:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy-week-by-week/my00331


http://www.yourpregnancybook.com/


http://www.mamashealth.com/book/preg2.asp


They're all great and informational, and as of yet i don't have a favorite. This last Saturday I woke Nick up and read some information from The Mayo Clinic book. Good news... one more week and I'll be in my second trimester!!

This week: His or her ears and nose are becoming more refined! The fingernails and toenails arrive, it's about 3 inches long and weighs about 4/5 of an ounce!

I've felt like I've gotten sick every day this week even though I know that's not the case, but still, I've gotten sick about 5 times. I'm still sleeping a lot and try to get 8 or more hours of sleep each night. I'm becoming more forgetful and the craving for this week has been grilled cheese sandwiches! I never knew how hard it was to find a good grilled cheese from somewhere other than my home. Most places make it with american cheese, which I don't like. I really want one made with real cheddar cheese!! I have a feeling that we will be having that for dinner one night this week. ;-)





With all of the excitement about the baby and me being pregnant - it's really worn the cats out!

Nick and I purchased a B.O.B. stroller this week! It was on sale at REI. Here's the link:

http://www.bobgear.com/?utm=single-stroller&gclid=CNCeypnljKICFQEEiQodZAcMWg

For years, I've wanted a B.O.B. stroller. I think they look really cool and are very handy to have. I'm not a jogger and I know they are a "jogging stroller" but I do plan on being an active mom with a very active baby! If Nick would have let me, I would have bought a B.O.B. before we even were married! haha!



The cats also got in and out of the big box behind the stroller! It's funny how much they love boxes!



Nick did a great job at putting it all together and then we each had a chance to try it out!

I also bought some maternity clothes this week. A pair of shorts, some capris, a few tanktops and a cute shirt. I'm not showing yet but things are starting to change or get harder down there which I can tell because some of my clothes are starting to get a little snug. Nick and I are going to start taking "belly shots" this week and every week after that to track the growth progress. Sorry - I'm not posting any belly shots until I'm really showing! =)

And yes... my due date is still December 18th! haha. (one week before Christmas). My next doctor's appointment is June 22nd.



No comments:

Post a Comment