Sunday, November 21, 2010

Everyone is getting ready for her big arrival.

Here's an update on how everything is going: We met with Dr. Call on Wednesday and her head diameter grew from 9.09 cm to 9.37 cm during the last week. The good news is that it's measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule instead of 4, so we've been able to close the gap a little bit on her growth. Not to worry, she's still growing and at a healthy rate. I've just been able to slow it down to "normal" with controling my glucose levels which has been fantastic! I remember when the nurse told me I had Gestational Diabetes and Dr. Call got on the phone to tell me not to freak out. I told him through all of the tears that I would be one of his best Gestional Diabetes patients ever! I'm staying true to my word.
We are now 36 weeks along and at a point where she is going through a surge in growth. She's suppose to be putting on about an ounce a day in weight or half of a pound a week. My belly is measuring 41 cm and I'm suppose to be 36 cm or close to that! I look like I am full-term and am ALL belly. The belly is suppose to measure in cm to how many weeks along you are. I've still got some growing to do in the next few weeks.
I lost another 2 pounds over the last week and am down to a total of 2 pounds gained for the whole pregnancy. It's so strange to know that she is growing and I'm losing weight. Talk about being ALL belly.
The Non-Stress test was done on Thursday at the hospital and she once again passed with flying colors! She did so well that Dr. Call approved me to drive downtown and have lunch with Nick for his birthday, which was Friday. Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! So needless to say.. our little girl is very happy where she is at and is doing well, growing and is still very active.
Sleep or should I say lack of sleep? It's hit and miss with me at this point. I've been getting up with Nick every morning during the week around 6:45 and try not to take naps thinking that it would cause me to sleep better during the night. Yeah right! I'm having a very hard time sleeping or getting comfortable. I was up at 4:30 the other morning and didn't take a nap. I guess this is what they all say about my body getting me ready for when she is here and I won't be sleeping much!






GO DAWGS!!
These booties are from my branch.
Needless to say, Yes - She will be wearing these home from the hospital!!


Nick painted the boarder in the nursery last weekend. Poor guy, now that I'm on bed rest I have a 'to do' list every weekend for him. He's been great and is keeping a close eye on me making sure I'm not doing much at all. I'm very head-strong and he's always calling me out on that. Thanks Nick!


Medela, Moby wrap and newborn diapers.. Oh My!!
My sister Ashely sent us some amazing gifts this week. Thanks Ash for everything! This has helped us prepare for her big arrival. Even Chester wants to help out!





36 weeks, 41 cm and still smiling.
Since we know we're not going to be able to go past 39 weeks, it's safe to say she'll be here in a little less than 3 weeks!!!

Our next appointment is on Wednesday with both the doctor and the non-stress test. I'll have an update for you sometime this weekend.





2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you girl! How're you doing in all this snow? I would be so nervous. I really hope your appointment goes well today!! Call me, I'm at home b/c of the snow. No way I'm making it to Everett!

    ReplyDelete