Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giraffes, Monkeys, Elephants and Tigers - Oh My!

My wonderful husband, Nick finished the boarder in the nursery this weekend! He's been very busy. I thought I would be helping with everything to prepare for our little girl's arrival but Nick has been doing all of it! He even went out on Black Friday to 4 different stores with a list I helped him with! Thank you, Nick!
Back in June, Nick and I decided to go with a gender neutral theme with most of our baby stuff including the nursery, car set, stroller.. etc. We plan on having more children and wanted something that could go with a boy or a girl!
Here's a funny story about the border: Nick and I ordered a border from Babies R Us that we liked. A few weeks ago we tried putting it up with some paste/glue that Nick had discovered online and the reviews were great. We thought it would be an easy task. How hard could it really be to put up a border? Well about 18" into putting it up, we were both pretty frusterated and decided to bag it. (It took all of 5 mins. for us to get to that point). So I suggested that I should cut out all of the animals individually. Nick thought it was a crazy idea.. but since I've been on bed rest, I've been looking for project that I can do while relaxing in my recliner. It only took about 6 days, on and off.. and all of the animals were cut out! And there you have it.. our "make-shift" border. Paint and some animals cut out from the border.



There's tigers in the border up above. We had to go with the lion on the wall.


I LOVE it!!


Nick hard at work!




Cookies for our troops!!
This is just a snapshot of all of the cookies that my friend, Anna and I made yesterday. We made over 20 dozen cookies for my little sister Ashely who is currently in Afghanistan until March. Anna was the baker and I was the roller. While I rolled the dough into balls, Anna was manning the oven and the process in the kitchen. Thank you Anna for all of your help. The cookies look amazing and I'm sure the troops will LOVE them! We made enough to ship 2 large 'Flat Rate' boxes! It feels SO good to ship stuff over there. A little bit goes a long way.
(Peanut Butter, Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Chip cookies!!).

3 comments:

  1. The nursery looks SO good! I thought you were crazy cutting out those animals while you were at our house but it turned out so cute! Nice Job!
    and the cookies look perfect! They will be enjoyed and appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border looks fantastic. I bet it's better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shel - You have no idea how much everyone loves those cookies!!! They are known as "the cookies your sister sent". Thank you so much from all of us... yes thank you. Encouragement... boom

    ReplyDelete